20 GOLD FINGER CHAAT


Masala Gold Finger Fryums/ Gold Finger Chaat/ Masala Boti and Vadagam/Vathal/Sandige Chaat





Gold finger fryums is one of my favourite just like anyone. When I was kid I used to insert them in all my fingers and munch it on one by one just like other friends in school or neighbourhood. My son’s too love this snack and I always stock up with it at home. This snack which I am posting now is very similar to Masala Papad that we get as starters in restaurants. Here is the recipe link to Masala Papad. Here I used the same ingredients by filling in gold finger fryums also called as Boti in Bangalore. If you have the ingredients ready, then all you have to do is just fill the gold finger and have it right away or within few minutes before it gets soggy. The same ingredients can be used to top on regular fryums/vadagam/vathal/sandige.

 
Here I have used some chopped red onions, deseeded and chopped tomotoes, chopped deseeded or salad cucumber, grated carrot, salt, lime juice, chilli powder or chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves and also can use some sev(oma podi or mixture for crunchness which is optional).
Fry Gold finger in oil. Remove and keep aside.

 
In a separate bowl mix all other ingredients as needed( Note the quantity depends on your individual taste and need). Mix well and stuff inside the gold finger and serve. For a change can mix some sweet chutney and green chutney with other ingredients and mix and then stuff or arrange on top.

20 comments/Reactions:

hotpotcooking said...

even i used to put on all my fingers. nice one padma

Nisha said...

cool idea for an after school snack

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Awesome and colorful salad. Bookmarked it.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Saraswathi Iyer said...

Tempting love them anytime. how r u? long time.
Women's Day Event and Giveaway!

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

very colorful... kids will love it!

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

lovely and colorful chaat... lovely idea....looks yumm.

Sangeetha Nambi said...

Different one !

Lifewithspices said...

ahh i love these ..during my child hood days without this i can never eat rice

lubnakarim06 said...

That's an interesting twist to the golden fingers...love it...

Soma Pradhan said...

Hi Padma,

Please add my new blog : www.flavoursunlimited.blogspot.com to your list. I change it from www.ourrecipediary.blogspot.com

Archana said...

I remember these fingers we called them Ponga Pundit :). Love them

Akila said...

So colourful n yummy chat....

Aarthi said...

Awesome Recipe Dear..Bookmarking it to try soon..

Aarthi
http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

Menaga Sathia said...

Nice idea n lovely chaat!!

chef and her kitchen said...

This was my favorite during my childhood n even now...we also make a similar kind of masala

Sumi said...

very creative :)

Unknown said...

I am so going to make it and would enjoy eating it, thanks for the idea !!!

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Unique and interesting

Sriya said...

first time here glad to follow you ...very yummy and innovative chat
visit my blog
www.sriyafood.blogspot.com

Shella said...

You have a lovely blog here. Keep up the good work

Post a Comment

Please leave your valuable comments/feedback. If having problems posting them, then you can also contact me at padmasrecipes@gmail.com .

Thanks
Padma