41 SCHEZWAN FRIED NOODLES

Schezwan Fried Noodles.


This is dish very similar to my schezwan fried rice. Just added noodles instead of rice. Tasted so great. I always love to add lot of vegetables in qunatity to my noodles dishes. They look colorful and also taste good. You can make your own schezwan sauce at home by making a paste with 6 red chillies, 2 tbsp of vinegar, little salt , 4 garlic pods.

Hakka noodles - 1 pack
Onion - 1 medium chopped thinly
Bell pepper/capsicum - 2 ( chopped thinly) ( can use different colored peppers)
Carrot - 2 chopped thinly
Cabbage - 1 1/2 cup chopped thinly
Spring/green onions - 3
Schezwan sauce - 2 tbsp
Soya sauce - 3 tbsp
Salt as needed
Oil - 3 tbsp( sesame oil)
Ginger garlic paste - 3/4 tbsp( optional)


Heat around 10 cups of water in a vessel. To it add 1 tsp of oil and 1/2 tsp of salt. Allow to boil and bubble up. Reduce flame and add the noodles. Cook for around 3 - 4 minutes. Remove and drain water. Immediately run under cold water so it avoids sticking together and drain water. Keep it aside.

Heat sesame oil in a wide wok. Add chopped onions and can also add the bottom portion of green onions, fry till transparent and then add ginger garlic paste. Next the vegetables one by one and saute ftogether for 4 - 5 minutes. See that they do not get mushy. They have to be still firm and maintain their crispness. Next add schezwan sauce, soya sauce, chopped green onions, salt needed and mix well. Also add the cooked noodles and mix well.
Can also add few spinkles of pepper powder or red chilli sauce for additional flavor and spice.

Sending this picture to Innovative- In- Law's( Pavithra and Nithya) "Garnish the event"


Received these award from friends.

Jyoti V of Panch Pakwan , Prasu of Prasu Kitchen and Hema of Salt 2 taste have passed on these awards:

Giant Bear Award

Yum Yum Blog Award

360 degree Foodie Award


Kitchen Queen has passed on these awards

Yummy Blog Award


Kreativ Blogger Award


Honest Scrap Award





41 comments/Reactions:

Sailaja Damodaran said...

Congrats.....very colourful

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Hey thats looking fantastic And yummy. I love it so much.. great garnish dear.

Parita said...

Lovely presentation my dear..looks delicious!

Sarah Naveen said...

Congrats on all the awards!!
Noodles looks gorgeously Yummy!!

Vrinda said...

Congrats on ur awards Padma..Great recipe,my son's fav...very tempting presentation too...

Pari Vasisht said...

Hi! Congrats dear. The presentation is very catchy and I just love the noodles.The sesame oil must have given a delectable flavor. I tooo want my share..

Lavanya Raj said...

Padma, I too have prepared this. thought of posting it today, but could'nt!

Love your's, looks coulourfull and Perfect!

Poornima Nair said...

Wow...my mouths watering. This use to be my fav dish, used to have it all the time back home. Looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

who wudnt love this well presented noodles? am in! congrats on ur awards

divya said...

Wow...my mouths watering.i love noodles.looks delicious.

Abhilash said...

Really mouth watery...

As I said previously there should be a technology to taste and smell the dish over internet...

this looks really good...

Sushma Mallya said...

My all time favourite noodles....looks yummy Padma ....just loved the presentation:)

Priya Suresh said...

Loved those carrot flowers, lovely presentation Padma...Am ready to finish that delicious noodles immediately..yum yum!

Anu Nandu said...

Looks great Padma - I just uploaded hakka noodles on my blog too -guess we were both craving chinese last night!

kittymatti said...

this looks perfectly done padma..very cute presentation!

GR said...

looks good,nice presentation

Unknown said...

Iam drooling ove rthe noodles..Can gobble noodles any time in a day..
Cute carrot flowers..

Nandinis food said...

Coloful and our fav noodles! Gorgeous presentation!

Sanghi said...

Wow.. perfect schezwan style..! Good presentation dear..! You can send this to Nithya's 'Garnish the dish' event @http://innovativein-laws.blogspot.com/2009/09/blog-post.html

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

looks wonderful and colorful... Healthy and yummy - great presentation...

Rekha shoban said...

nice presentation...yum yum!

chef and her kitchen said...

Lovely entry..nicely garnished...congrats on the awards

Suparna said...

Hey hema,
Lovely presentation just so professional :)just feel like devouring the dish :) nice entry dear, congratulations of the shower of awards :)
TC

lata raja said...

Padma, nicely made dish and appealingly decorated too.Who won't want to grab them rite away? Nice entry.Congratulations on all the awards.

Unknown said...

looks so yummy...i make the usual hakka noodles with soya and tomato sauce..can we make scezwan sauce at home?

Lena Jayadev said...

wowww...u garnished it nicely...
and i think its natural light..
congrads on ur award Padma... :)

Chitra said...

Nice presentation,Sounds interesting :)

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

This one is my favorite,thanks for the recipe, will try this sure.

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow....love that yummy fried noodles....love the presentation with carrots and other veggies...

Saritha said...

Lovely,my fav

congrats

PriyaRaj said...

Awesome presentation dear ....one of my fav dish ...Congrats on ur well deserved awards ......

Raje said...

I love noodles and yours look very yummy!

Unknown said...

nice recipe and very beautiful presentation padma.

Gita Jaishankar said...

The noodles look so delicious and gorgeous Padma...I have never tried Schezwan noodles...have to try it soon...congrats on all your awards :)

Preety said...

my husband loves this..looks wonderful

Urmi said...

Heartiest congratulations for your award. Noodles is my all time favourite. Schezwan noodles looks delicious and I will try your lovely recipe. Nice presentation.

lissie said...

Congrats on your well deserved Awards! delicious noodles...my favourite!

Jyoti V said...

Wow padama dish looks so delicious..
nice presentation & click too!

Shri said...

Love those noodles..I wish I could have some right now..I know its midnight but looking at this makes me hungry

Alisa@Foodista said...

What a wonderful site you have here Padma, and this recipe looks delicious!I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set, Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Post a Comment

Please leave your valuable comments/feedback. If having problems posting them, then you can also contact me at padmasrecipes@gmail.com .

Thanks
Padma