53 TUTI FRUITY CAKE( MY 400th POST)

Remember my last post " My First Blog Anniversary" where I posted some photos of Tuti Fruits Cake. The cake came out so soft and fluffy that it got over very soon. Will prepare it again soon for my friends who have also been asking. Well here I am with the recipe. This time with an other celebration. As this is my 400th Blog Post. Cannot imagine that I have reached so much. Still to go. More than me my friends are really excited . They are always encouraging and motivating me in posting.


My version of Tuti Fruity Cake recipe goes here :-

Maida/All purpose flour - 2 cups ( 240 gms)
Sugar - 1 cup ( 225 gms)
Butter - 1 stick (113 gms or 8 tbsp) ( room temp)
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Salt - 2 pinch
Vanilla essesnce - 1 tsp
Egg - 2
Milk - 1/2 - 3/4 cup
Dry Fruits Mix( Tuti Fruity) - 1/3 cup

Sift flour along with baking powder and salt twice. Keep it aside.


In a mixing bowl take butter and sugar and gently mix until it is soft and fluffy. Add 2 lightly beaten eggs and with an electric mixer( I used an mini electric hand mixer), turn on to mix and beat for 1 minute. Slowly add the flour and keep mixing. Also add 1/2 cup of milk and beat well. Check for the consisteny or add some more milk. The batter should be of dropping consistency. Also add vanilla essence. When done add the chopped fruit mix( dry fruit mix, tuti fruity ) and mix evenly.


Grease a pound cake pan with butter and dust in some flour. Pour the mixture and bake at 350 for 35 - 45 minutes. Prick with a fork or tooth pick. When it comes out plain . Remove and cool completely and later cut and serve.

53 comments/Reactions:

Unknown said...

Wow!! 400th post..amazing padma.My heartiest wishes dear.Keep rocking!!

Gita Jaishankar said...

Congrats dear...perfect and moist cake...I think this time too the cake will disappear before you know it ;)

Uma said...

congrats Padma!! tuti fruity cake is a nice way to celebrate it. came out perfect and yum :)

Anonymous said...

very nice Padma..365 days and 400 posts? u r a super woman. congratulations

Sailaja Damodaran said...

Congrats Padma!!!! its a great inspiration for all the new commers.All the best

Urmi said...

Cake looks yummy and delicious. Wonderful presentation with mouth watering pictures.

Padma said...

Thank you Sangeetha, Gita, Uma, Shubha, Sailaja and Babli for your wishes :)

Unknown said...

loks very pretty!!

Sarah Naveen said...

Congrats!!!! 400 posts..thats a really biiiig number.gr8 job....keep rocking dea..!!!!
btw it looks yumm;)

Tina said...

Congrats dear...Cake looks yummy and easy.

Nivedita Thadani said...

Hi Padma
Wow!!! Congrats dear! 400th post! Unbelievable. Wish you all the best for many more.

Sushma Mallya said...

congraz on ur 400th post,thats a huge number in just one year...keep going padma and cake looks yummy

kitchen queen said...

lovely mouth watering cake and detailed pictures.You can visit my blog and give ur comments.

kitchen queen said...

congrats on ur 400th post. the cake looks perfect and yum with a nice click.you can visit my blog and give ur comments.

Anonymous said...

This cake is looking awesome..Kids willlove the multi colored cake very much...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 400th post. Keep up the good work. The cake looks lovely will give it a try soon. Just wanted to know how many grams would one stick of butter be.

shahana said...

Congratulations!!!!Keep rocking!!!
By the way, ur cake looks really colourful with tuti fruity.Prefect for kids!!!

Renus Kitchen said...

this cake reminds me of my childhood days...I was so crazy about this cake

Priya Suresh said...

Congrats Padma for reaching this huge milestone, cake looks soft and moist, my all time favourite, love to pick a slice from the click..Keep rocking dear!

Rekha shoban said...

my dad used to buy this to me..i remember my childhoo...looks perfect and one of the kids special

Nandinis food said...

Congrats on 400th post dear! You have reached a huge milestone dear! Cake looks soft and moist. Yummy cake!

gtyuk said...

no wonder it was all over very soon!!! looks moist & soft!! congratulations for the 400 successful posts, keep going!!!

Gayathri Anand said...

Congrats Padma . You are a real rockstar ... Great achievement dear ... One parcel to me also ..

Menaga Sathia said...

400 வது பதிவுக்கு வாà®´்த்துக்கள் பத்à®®ா!!.கேக் à®°ொà®®்ப சூப்பராயிà®°ுக்கு...

prasu said...

wow.......lovely cake dear...spongy and yummy.

Shama Nagarajan said...

wow that's a great achievement dear...keeep rocking...congrats dear

Vrinda said...

Yummy and moist cake..congrats on ur 400th post,keep rocking...

Sreelekha Sumesh said...

400th post..oh...god.super Padma.Thats a big achievement.Congrats and keep going dear..That cake tempts me;)

Namitha said...

CONGRATS !!!! that's a great achievement Padma :-)Perfect recipe to celebrate your success...tempting cake..

Andhra Flavors said...

It should be kids favorite cake. and congratulation on blog anniversary

Sandhya Hariharan said...

Wow.. 400 th Post... Kudos.. Keep it coming :)

lissie said...

Congrats Padma on your 400th post! It is an unbelievable achievement!!!

The cake looks so soft and yummy!

kamalabhoopathy said...

Congrats Padma keep rocking. Cake looks yummy

Padma said...

Thank you all for your wishes :)

Padma said...

Thank you Kamala for dropping by and leaving your comments and also for your wishes. Do visit more :)

RV @ Food for 7 Stages said...

Congrats Padma.. I would love to see more posts from you... and thanks for posting my favorite tutty fruity cake...

parkforall said...

wow 400 post!!! congrats my hearty wishes

suvaiyaana suvai said...

wow !! Congrats hearty wishes

Champa said...

Padma, cake looks delicious. Congrats on 400th post.

Saraswathi Iyer said...

Cake looks tempting can we use yeast instead of egg?

Deepthi Shankar said...

congrats on your 400th post .. cake looks yumm

sheelaseng said...

Congrats Padma.
Yummy Yummy.
Shivani wants to try this in home.
but ennakku unga cake than venum.
my hearty wishes Padma.
sheelaseng

Parita said...

Wow!!! 400th...congratulations!!

jayashree said...

Thanks Padma , for your encouraging words. Till now I was feeling inadequate about my camera skills.

my kitchen said...

Congrats on ur 400th post,Perfect baking,looks tempting

Shri said...

Wow!Congrats Padma!400 is a big no. to reach and I am pretty pretty sure I may not...That cake is just heavenly!

Padma said...

Thank you all for your lovely wishes :)

Padma said...

Thank you parkfor all for dropping by and leaving your comments :)

Padma said...

@ saraswathi - instead of egg you can add 1/4 tsp of baking soda and increase the qty of milk and no need to use yeast instead.

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read this blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

Anonymous said...

HI
cake looks very yummy.Here in us we will not find tutty fruity. Do u have any idea where can we find that one and what we call tutty fruitty in us, if we find them .can anybody tell me pls.

Padma said...

You can find it in stores like Walmart. Try in baking section and look for dried or candied fruits/ assorted dried fruits.

Post a Comment

Please leave your valuable comments/feedback. If having problems posting them, then you can also contact me at padmasrecipes@gmail.com .

Thanks
Padma