15 BREAD UPMA AND A AWARD

Bread Upma( with tomatoes)


Bread upma(without tomatoes)

This is one of easiest and simplest upma... will post the other version sometime later.

Bread slice - 6
Onion - 2 small chopped fine
Tomatoes - 2 chopped fine( optional use)
Green chillies - 3 slit long( or increase more)
Ginger - a tiny piece chopped fine or grated
Curry leaves - few
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Urad dhal - 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
Oil - 2 tbsp
Cilantro/coriander leaves for granishing


Cut the bread slices into small squares. Heat oil in a frying pan and add mustard seedsm urad dhal, curry leaves ...when they splutter up add slit green chillies and chopped onions... fry till onions are golden brown... next add the bread slice and salt ... reduce flame and keep frying for another 3 - 4 minutes. It has to lightly get toasted in the pan itself so it won't soggy when eating or the best thing will be to toast lightly ahead itself and then cut into small swuares. Garnish with chopped corinader leaves.

Got this lovely award from Lena of "Lemon n Spice" . Thank you so much Lena for passing it to me.

Now for the rules:

1) Add the logo of the award to your blog.

2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.

3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs (Only if you like).

4) Add links to those blogs on your blog.

5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blog

I would like to pass this award to more than 7 :)

Kavitha , Ammu , Malar , Priya , Prathibha , Pavithra , Ramya , Akal's saapadu , Parita , Pooja , Dharani , Ashwini .

Please accept this award my friends :)



15 comments/Reactions:

Pooja said...

The bread upma looks delicious. Kids would esp love this! And thanks a lot for passing me the award. I love your blog too :)

Ammu said...

Thanks padma for passing me ur lovely award. And congrag for u toooo.. I like ur version of bread upma. Sounds delicious.

Parita said...

Yummy bread upma dear...oh..thank you sooo much for sharing this award with me..:))))

Priya Suresh said...

I do often bread upma, as u said its a simple dish waiting for the another version..

Padma, thanks a lot for sharing ur award with me, am happy and honoured yaa...SO nice of u:)

gtyuk said...

Mmmm, Bread upma, nice snack for tea time :)
and I thank you so much for sharing this award with me dear, I appreciate it very much :)

chef and her kitchen said...

CONGRATS for ur award.Thanks a lot Padma..That is so sweet of you to think about me and pass that award gal..Thanks a lot.
n coming to the recipe bread upma is so simple n yummy snack.

Lena Jayadev said...

enjoy your award.. :)bread upma i like very much... :)

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Hey Padma, bread upma looks very tasty and I like them as dinner!!! Congrats on your award dear and thanks for passing on to me and congrats to all the others too!!!

Kalai said...

Congts for ur award.Bread upma looks gr8.

Kalyani said...

looks very delicious padma ... will try this for my husband ...

Indian Khana said...

I love bread upma..but never get proper!This looks simple and quick :)..congrats on ur award

Kavitha said...

Thanks for the award padu..well, bread upma sure looks scrumptious da...

Vikis Kitchen said...

Bread uppma looks delicious. Nice tips to toast it before using.
Yummy.

Ashwini said...

Love bread upma anytime. Yumm. Thank you for sharing the award with me.

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Hey congrats on ur award.. And I am happy to receive from you too dear.. Thanks a ton for sharing.

Post a Comment

Please leave your valuable comments/feedback. If having problems posting them, then you can also contact me at padmasrecipes@gmail.com .

Thanks
Padma