31 BREAD MANCHURIAN


Bread Manchurian
My son Prithvi loves baby corn manchurian a lot just like me :). I started to prepare baby corn manchurian,but before I could finish frying the whole pieces, 3/4 th of the fried ones got over - mostly eaten by my hubby and son. I had already chopped in onions and other things for making manchurian and ended up doing bread manchurian. I got lot of appreciation by my son, which is very rare( though I try out so many things). He just said "I love bread manchurian".. which made me just smile :)


Bread slice - 5
Corn flour - 4 tbsp
All purpose flour/maida - 2 1/2 tbsp
Rice flour - 1 tbsp
Onion - 1 medium chopped fine
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Garlic - 3 pods ( cut into small pieces)
Ajjinamotto - a pinch ( optional)
Kashmiri chilli powder - 1 1/2 tbsp
Soy sauce - 1 1/2 tbsp
Tomato sauce - 1 tbsp
Red chilli sauce/tomato chilli sauce - 1 tbsp
Green onions - 3 tbsp chopped fine Or
cilantro/coriander leaves - few chopped
Salt as needed
Oil for frying

Cut each bread slice into cubes( may be around 9)... keep it aside. If the bread slices are too moist as we get here... then keep them out of the pack , may be layering on a plate to dry out for sometime.
In a mixing bowl add corn flour, maida, rice flour, little salt, chilli powder(1/2 tbsp) and mix well ... add very little water to make a thick batter in a dropping consistency .... heat oil for deep frying in a kadai /frying pan ....add the bread cubes in small batches ... dip well in the batter and drop them in hot oil ,fry till they are crisp ... remove and repeat for the remaining bread cubes and keep it aside.
Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan/kadai and add chopped onions ... fry till golden brown ...next add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute....then add ajjinamotto and garlic pieces ( optional) and chopped green onions...saute for 3 - 4 minutes .... next add little salt, soy sauce, tomato sauce and red chilli sauce and saute once ... immediately add the fried bread cubes and mix lightly .... I did not have green onions so have garnished with cilantro leaves.

Will be on vacation from tomorrow. So posting a recipe before leaving. See you all next week. Have a great weekend :)


31 comments/Reactions:

Dharani Jagadeesh said...

wow it looks good... i love manchurian.. chicken,aloo,gobi... this is new recipe for me..thank u:)

Pooja said...

Haha I love to see kids eat right from the stovetop! So cute! Bread manchurian is looking very delicious! Great recipe.

Padma said...

Thanks Dharani and Pooja :D

Anonymous said...

hi Padma,Thank u for the visit to my blog.Bread manchurian looks dam appetizing.It is for sure a novel idea.I will try it out and let u knw.I am pretty sure my husband will like it. Have a fun vaccation.Btw, where r u heading?

Vikis Kitchen said...

Bread manchurian seems so tasty. Have a great weekend dear.

Kalai said...

Hi Padma,Manchurian looks yum and easy.

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Mouth watering!!! yummy bread manchurian!!!

Nithya said...

Wow nice dish.. it really looks nice and yummy. I am always a manchurian fan and this variation is sure gonna be my favorite too... :) Visiting ur blog for the first time and its really nice.. keep it going.. :)

chef and her kitchen said...

That is so sweet of ur son.....Infact they look really yummy..

Vibaas said...

Enjoy your vacation! Manchurian looks super yum!

Lena Jayadev said...

woww..this looks superb...i loved the way you presented..

Happy vacation... :)

Priya Suresh said...

Manchurian looks delicious, just love anything with bread, this looks really very tempting!

lubnakarim06 said...

Oh wow that looks spicy and droolworthy....

Padma said...

Thanks Viki, Kalai, Ramya, Prathibha, Vibaa, Lena, Priya : D

Thanks munchcrunchandsuch , fourthsensesamayal and kitchen flavors for dropping by and leaving your comments :D

Subhie Arun said...

manchurian looks grt yar....neva try before..enjoy ur vacation

Indian Khana said...

Umm this is sure interesting...never tot abt this...nice idea..looks gud :)

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Awesome padma..love to have the whole plate its really tempting me to eat immediately.perfect looking

Unknown said...

Looks too delicious.Perfect with fried rice.

Dhanya Ganesh said...

Bread Manchurian looks very delicious. Yumm yumm...

Sujatha said...

bread manchurian is very innovative! a new recipe to me.. I'm sure my daughter will love this.. bookmarking!

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Yummy bread manchurian. Enjoy your vacation.

Suparna said...

Hi Padma,
Lol...on the stove top eating :) and that led u to make a wonderful alternative to the main dish. This one looks beautiful too!Thansk for the recipe. Glad ur son appreciated u on this one :)
TC

Malar Gandhi said...

Looks delish.

dsdsds said...

first time here... your recipes are very good... I always waste bread, coz I only know a few better recipes with bread.. bread manchurian is a good one...will try it!!

Anisheetu said...

First time to ur blog.. u have a yummy blog..... check this one also... http://sweety-mykitchen.blogspot.com/2009/05/cauliflower-manchurian.html

Parita said...

i jus came back from my mini vacation..)) bread manchurian sounds very delicious...enjoy ur holidays..c u soon :)

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

Looks lovely!

Ammu said...

Bread manchurian looks great and enjoy ur holidays.

Dazy said...

I'm making this for dinner tonight. I think I'll try to shoot it, but I don't think it will be as pretty as your picture!

Perspectivemedley said...

Wooow.. looks lovely and mouth watering:):).. nice one:)

Unknown said...

padma ji, i tried dis followed the said ingredients in the same proportion but the fried bread pieces turned out to be very hard any suggestions.......

Post a Comment

Please leave your valuable comments/feedback. If having problems posting them, then you can also contact me at padmasrecipes@gmail.com .

Thanks
Padma