1 POTATO BHAJJI / FRITTERS


OPTION 1
Potato - 2 medium
Besan/ Gram flour - 2 cups
Rice Flour - 1 tbsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 tbsp
Pepper powder - few sprinkles
Salt
Oil for frying

Cut potatoes into thin round shapes and keep them immersed in water.
Mix besan, rice flour, salt, chilli powder and pepper powder....Heat oil in a kadai for frying...just when it is heating up add water to mix to a dipping consistency. Drain water from potatoes and dip each slice so that the batter sticks to both sides and add one by one to deep fry in oil ..fry till light brown...Serve with chutney or tomato ketchup.
OPTION 2
This version of potato bhajji is when you don't have gram flour/besan ... My son Prithvi wanted bhajji very badly and I had no flour with me... getting groceries at my place was tough... since we had to travel a long distance... so as per my mom's instructions I did this recipe

Channa dhal - 1 cup
Raw rice - 2 tbsp
Salt as needed
CHilli powder
Pepper powder

The method to dip and frying being the same, I just soaked dhal and rice together for 3 hours and grinded in a mixer to a fine paste with very little water... added the rest of the ingredients and dipped potato slices and deep fried in hot oil.


1 comments/Reactions:

Anonymous said...

Good job Padma...By Dharma

Post a Comment

Please leave your valuable comments/feedback. If having problems posting them, then you can also contact me at padmasrecipes@gmail.com .

Thanks
Padma